Privacy & Protection
Protect Your Computer and Your Privacy
Online and Email Safety
Following some simple guidelines can help you safeguard your email environment.
The following are best practices for browsing the Internet safely and securely.
- Be selective about where you surf
- Use a secure web browser
- Select strong passwords
- Don't choose "Remember My Password"
- Don't use public computers for sensitive transactions
- Use only secure websites when shopping or banking online. Be sure the web address is "https." The "s" means that the website is encrypted and secure. Make sure to "verify" the security of a website by clicking on the "verified by" logo.
- Log off when you are done using web sites that require a User ID and Password
- Install anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your computer. Enable the firewall to protect your computer. Keep your operating system and all other software up to date by installing patches/updates immediately. Software vendors release such updates to fix security issues that have been identified, therefore keeping your system up to date lowers your risk.
Lewisburg Banking Company maintains a current website certificate for its secured Electronic Banking System. To verify the certificate is valid, log in to electronic banking and click on the lock in the URL line in your browser. It will show the connection is secure and that the certificate is valid. Click on the certificate to get more information.